FAQS For Custom Textiles and Furniture
SPD Custom Furniture is a manufacturer of high-end modern furniture. Every single item is handmade here in the USA with incomparable craftsmanship to the highest degree.
All orders must be paid before shipping, either by check, credit card, or bank wire. We do not offer Net terms.
Please note Order containing a different billing and shipping address with the need to have a "credit card authorization form" signed by the card holder.
SPD Custom Furniture guarantees its product to be free from defects from workmanship. All Frames have a 2 years warranty the rest of the item is 1 year manufactures defect.
Return Policy: We take great pride in our standard of quality. Custom items can not be returned or exchange unless the manufacturing is faulty.
Custom / Special ordered items (includes custom/special order, furniture, rugs, lighting, bedding, and accessories): No returns, refunds or exchanges on any custom/special ordered items will be accepted. Customers have 24 hours from time of order is placed to cancel without penalty. Lead times are estimated on past experience and current commitments from suppliers. However, due to factors beyond our control such as back orders, general production or freight delays and/or adverse weather or strikes, we cannot and do not guarantee lead times. Orders may not be canceled nor deposits refunded due to late lead times and/or delivery.
Our standard delivery charge is white-glove delivery service; furniture is brought into your home, unpacked, assembled if required, placed at your discretion, and packing materials removed. We work with preferred carriers.
Delivery times: Ground for all furniture.
Fabric will be sent via UPS, FedEx or USPS. Expect arrival within seven business days after we ship. A street address is required for all deliveries. Overnight and air shipping, please, contact the office for a quote. email@example.com
Orders outside the contiguous 48 states require a special delivery quote
SHIPPING / DELIVERY
- As a service to our customers, SPD Custom Furniture will arrange the shipping of orders via one of our preferred carriers. All charges will be included on the final balance due notice.
- If the customer chooses to manage their own freight and delivery, SPD Custom Furniture must be notified of the specific details of the movement. The fee to move the product from a manufacturer to a terminal for "customer's own" pick-up will be added to the balance due. All product is moved through a Bill of Lading.
- Ownership of the product transfers to the customer (owner) upon the freight carrier taking possession of the order for transport. Therefore, responsibility for damage occurring in transit is the owner’s and all claims for freight damage must be made within 72 hours of receipt.
- If the customer selects their own freight carrier, freight claims must be filed directly with the selected carrier. SPD Custom Furniture is not responsible for a customer’s own or third party freight damage and claim.
RECEIPT OF PRODUCT
A qualified receiving person should be present to accept products when delivered directly to a home.
- A signature on the BOL upon receipt of the products confirms that the products are received in good condition unless the exception is made on the BOL. If the merchandise is refused upon delivery for quality or damage issues, the receiver should contact the SPD Cusstom Furniture at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- If the driver must "drop and dash", the receiver should note on the BOL that any concealed damage of boxed or crated products will be the responsibility of the carrier.
INSPECTION OF PRODUCT
- Inspect the cartons or crates carefully. If there is any visible damage to the packaging note it on the BOL. Take photos of any damage to the packaging, this is necessary to resolve damage claims.
- Unpack the cartons or crates. Inspect all merchandise carefully. Cartons and crates should always be unpacked in your presence. NEVER discard original packaging until satisfied with the delivery.
- All claims should be reported to the customer service manager at the SPD Custom Furniture.
PRODUCT QUALITY AND IN-TRANSIT DAMAGE REPORTING
- Products are inspected by the manufacturer prior to release to ensure that the order is in good condition, complete, and ready for shipment.
- The carrier is responsible for a complete inspection of the products at the point of origin. Any damage must be noted on the BOL. The signed BOL is confirmation by the carrier that they have accepted responsibility for delivering the products in the condition in which they were received. Inspection of the boxed or crated products are limited to the exterior of the packages. Exceptions must be noted and the packages opened at once if the condition of the cartons or crates appears compromised.
Do not attempt a return without first having obtained a written authorization.